This Website is the responsibility of MMG Insurance Company (“Company”). The Company can be contacted by mail at MMG Insurance Company, P.O. Box 729, Presque Isle, ME 04769-0729, by phone at 1-800-343-0533, or by e-mail at email@example.com. Unless stated otherwise, the following policies apply to this site and all other websites owned and operated by the Company.
We respect the privacy of our insureds and our website visitors who wish to learn more about the Company or perform online transactions. We do use information you provide to better serve your insurance needs. We also realize that we must treat this information appropriately to maintain your personal privacy and security.
Information That We Collect
We collect two kinds of information about our website visitors: personal information and technical information.
Personal information, which is information that can identify a visitor, such as name, address or policy information is collected only when you provide it. Access to pages with content specific to agents, brokers or customers is password-protected and requires pre-registration. Personal information acquired through registration such as passwords and e-mail addresses is kept confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties except to those who need to have access to such information in connection with our provision of services to you (such as credit card processing companies or other service providers) and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information, or otherwise as may be required or permitted by law.
If you wish to use our MyMMG website, we may collect and use your e-mail address to send you e-mails related to your policy transactions with us. We may also use your e-mail address to provide updates about our products and services. You can stop receiving promotional updates by using the links provided in the e-mails.
MaineGate and MyMMG, our agency and policyholder websites, require the use of a non-persistent cookie to identify the agent or policyholder, as a user, from other agents logged into MaineGate and MyMMG. This information is used exclusively for our internal purposes and is not disclosed to any third parties, except as may be required by law. When using MaineGate or MyMMG, the information our agents and policyholder view or provide is encrypted between the agent or policyholder and our secure server using industry-standard encryption.
Our Use of Customer Information
The Company’s policy is to limit access to our customers’ personal information to those who need to know it to service customers’ insurance needs. We do not disclose customer information to third parties other than our agents, except to those who need to have access to such information in connection with our provision of services to you (such as credit card processing companies or other service providers) and have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information, or as required or permitted by law.
This Site contains links that will allow you to access other websites not under the Company’s control. The links are provided as a convenience to you and the Company does not endorse any of these websites. The Company makes no representation regarding the quality of any product or service contained at any such website and expressly disclaims any responsiblity or liability for any material that may be found in any other website accessed through the Site.
While we have instituted security measures to protect the information and systems that we maintain, we cannot guarantee that all transmissions to and from our websites are secure. If your communication includes personal information that you do not wish to provide electronically, please contact us by postal mail or telephone. We use a combination of procedural controls, physical safeguards, and access controls in our attempts to protect your data from unauthorized access. Some of the ways we protect your information include the following:
- Encryption. All communication between your computer and MaineGate or MyMMG is encrypted using 128-bit Extended Validation Secure Socket Layer (EV SSL) encryption technology using a certificate verified by VeriSign. Unencrypted e-mail is not secure. You should not use your e-mail to send us any personal information.
- Registration Process. When accessing MyMMG, in order to gain access to certain portions of the website and specific Company services, a user must first register with us and agree to our Use Policy. As part of our registration process, you will be required to supply several pieces of information that are unique to you. We use this information, in conjunction with your User ID and Password, to verify your identity before providing access to your policy information.
- Firewall. Our external website is protected from the public Internet by a firewall. In addition, we use a firewall to isolate our internal and external systems from each other.
- Passwords. All user accounts are password protected and the passwords are encrypted. We do not have nor will we ask for access to your Password at any time. Should you forget your Password, you will need to create a new one by following the online instructions for resetting a lost password.
- Masking. When using MyMMG to pay your bill, credit card numbers are partially masked for your maximum protection. We will, for example, only show you the last four (4) digits of any credit card number you enter.
If you are a customer, you may opt out of having your personal information collected by the Company by not registering on our MyMMG website.
In addition, you may also opt out of having us send you e-mails with other information we think you may find useful as an insurance consumer by unchecking the appropriate box in the “My Service” section of the MyMMG website or by request via postal mail or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company does not disclose your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes.
Access and Ability to Correct Personal Information
You may modify, correct, change, or update some of your personal information, such as e-mail address, name, and address through the “My Service” section of the MyMMG website or by request via postal mail or e-mail at email@example.com.
Company’s Right to Contact You
The Company reserves the right to contact you regarding policy status and changes to the Use Policy, this Online Privacy and Security Policy, or any other policies or agreements relevant to the Website.
Policy Effect and Changes
By visiting this website, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and this Online Privacy and Security Policy. If you do not agree to this online privacy and security policy and our Terms and Conditions, please do not use this website. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update, change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Online Privacy and Security Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Online Privacy and Security Policy will be effective upon being posted at this location.
MMG Online Privacy Security Policy 10.28.11