If you have additional questions not addressed below, please contact the MMG Insurance Customer Service Department at 1-888-MMG-BILL or 1-888-665-2455.
- When does MMG Insurance mail me my invoice?
We mail insurance bills at least 21 days prior to their due date.
- I want to change my payment plan on renewal. How soon should I notify my Agent or MMG Insurance?
We typically renew your policy 45 days in advance of the policy expiration, so please notify MMG Insurance or your Independent Agent 60 days prior to your renewal to ensure the change in payment plan is made.
- What happens if payment is received after the due date?
If payment is received after the due date but prior to the final cancellation date we will accept the payment. Your billing account will be assessed a late fee.
- What happens if my payment is not received by the cancellation due date?
If payment is received after the final cancellation date the policy will be cancelled for nonpayment of premium.
- Where should I mail my payment?
Each invoice has a perforated tear off section to be placed in the window envelope (postage paid) provided by MMG. Mail payments to:
MMG Insurance Company
P.O. BOX 15011
Lewiston, ME 04243-9561
- What happens if I only make a partial payment?
If you fail to pay the minimum amount due by the due date, a notice of cancellation for nonpayment will be issued. Your due date will not be extended by the application of a partial payment. If the full amount due is received prior to the cancellation effective date, a reinstatement notice will be sent to you.
- What are the various options for paying my invoice?
MMG Insurance’s flexible billing choices allow you to choose the payment options that work best for you. Visit the Billing & Payment Options section of our website for a more detailed explanation of MMG’s billing options.
- If I make a change to my policy in the middle of a billing cycle, should I pay the invoice that I receive that month?
Yes. Even if you have recently made a change to your policy, you need to pay at least the minimum amount due on the most recent bill you have received. Any adjustments to your account, either additional bill charges or credits, will be reflected in subsequent bills.
- How do I switch to paperless statements?
You can click on Manage My Account and log in to MyMMG to go paper-free. Once you are logged in, click on “My Service” and you will be able to select electronic or paper statements for each of your policies. Selecting “paper-free” will turn off paper statements and make your policy documents accessible electronically through MyMMG.
- What is a Billing Account?
A billing Account is simply an account created to enable you to designate who, how, how often and when you receive your insurance premium invoice or EFT withdrawal notification. You may elect to create separate accounts for each insurance policy, or combine multiple insurance policies under a single account.
- With EFT, what happens if there are insufficient funds in the checking or savings account to cover the withdrawal amount?
If there are insufficient funds available on the first attempt to withdraw funds from the account, MMG’s bank will automatically make a second attempt. If on the second try there are still insufficient funds to cover the withdrawal amount, the policyholder will receive a notice of cancellation for nonpayment with the minimum amount due plus fee to be paid prior to the cancellation effective date.